Thursday 3 May 2012

Seagulls are crying right now


This post will be quite image heavy with stuff that I've gotten up to before, during, and after typing up a case study. Here are some drawings of some backgrounds - I knocked them up quickly so I could see how green everything would look: 



(I've been trying to recreate the textured edges in my set pieces)



A cat puppet I made for the film. I made the head using instructions from an online video on how to make a muppet-like puppet.


It can open and close its mouth.


It also has a body!



Design for my character's handifcraft wings:




Experimenting with some coloured sand and glue to produce soil-y stuff.



Doodles of random things:




OH! Aaaaand I redesigned my character. The puppet I made with the older design wasn't very good. I couldn't manipulate it as well as I would have liked. This new one should be better. 


The arms and legs are no longer bare.


The character has a bulb-shaped hood and a dress like a bluebell.



Some fabric flowers and leaves I made (again using an online tutorial) for one of the scenes:



A bum grape:

1 comment:

  1. ok, now that I've read it all I see it's a new puppet. I'm am stupid.

    ReplyDelete